Tell me Paris and I will tell you ‘it won´t get any better’. Ernest Hemingway described it so well: Paris is a “moveable feast”; and I will add, the most magical one. So, every year when those fall days arrive and the collections SPRING/SUMMER are shown in the City of Lights; there is nothing that could stop or opaque the energy and excitement of the fashion-people enjoying the feast… It is just so fantastic!
This time there was plenty of drama, not only because Marc Jacobs announced a few minutes after his all-black Louis Vuitton show that he was leaving the creative direction of the maison; but because of the whole old-fashion but perfectly updated daring ways to reveal 'la mode'. Designers recalled art, music, performance (especially Rick Owens with his particular ladies' crazy dancing); ethnicity, authenticity... Mmmmm…
Besides gorgeous metallics, pops or sobriety of colors… Let me invite you to explore some of the fashion proposals viewed in these superb PRÊT-À-PORTER SPRING/SUMMER 2014 runways:
1. FULLIES: The modern FULL SKIRT was shown exquisitely feminine or spiced-up with edgy details. These FULLIES are the perfect allies when feeling like having an eclectic-look day. Watch out! (Images: Valentino & Sonia Rykiel)
2. MINIS: Very short dresses rocked the Parisian catwalks in every possible way. Some of them brought up a superb retro enchantment while others fascinated evoking a variety of personalities; from the rocker to the warrior urban-lady. (Images: Saint Laurent & Balmain)
3. THE SHORTER PANT: Wonderful shorter-versions of the classic PANT highlighted the springy and summery air of these collections. As mini shorts, bermudas or cropped pants, there was one for every taste and style… They all looked trés fantastic! (Images: Elie Saab & Chloé)
4. ETHNIC GLAM: A delightful global inspiration brought divine charm! Many maisons filled their collections with marvelous embroideries, textures, detailing and colorful ethnic fantasies… There is doubt that fashion is all about honoring and celebrating cultures! (Images: Valentino & Alexander McQueen)
5. SIGNS: Through fashion we express our inner souls, ideas and true selves. Thinking precisely in the need for self-expression of their fans and fashionistas in general; French designers created super cool pieces with letters, phases or messages. Pick the one what serves you and… Voilà! (Images: Dior & Paul & Joe)
6. PLEATS: Not only it was their forgiving effect, but mostly their updated panache that made PLEATS a must-include-in-one’s-wardrobe thing! From the most classic version to the avant-garde one; PLEATS played beautifully on the runways. Love them! (Images: Lanvin & Viktor & Rolph)
LIFE IS A RUNWAY! ENJOY IT!