PRÊT-À-PORTER DONNA has definitely become one of our favorite shows… Just thinking about all the proposals by the Italian ‘case di moda’ such as Hermès, Gucci, Prada, Ferragamo, Bottega Veneta, Fendi, Marni, Missoni… OMG…So amazing, we can help but get goose pumps... Oh, yes!Adrenaline intensely flowed all around during this week after all the fabulous Italian sfilate SPRING/SUMMER 2014. Lots of craftsmanship, demi-couture panache and the usual passion that characterized l’italiani fascinated the public… Pure high-fashion enjoyment!
Some of the top TRENDS viewed during these September days were…
1.B&W: It is just that fashionistas can never get enough of this superb, convenient and forgiving BLACK&WHITE trend… And, of course, Italian designers could and would never let their fans down; so they showed a lot of B&W to be worn through prints, color-blocking or head-to-toe looks. Anyone could pull off this timeless and equally so of-the-moment favorite. (Images: Missoni & Sportmax)
2. CROP PANTS: Easy but powerful at the same time, CROPS PANTS looked renewed and chic… No matter if you prefer them dark or in pastel colors… Those shorter-version pants would make you look tropo bella! Especially when wearing them with heels! (Images: Jil Sanders & Giorgio Armani)
3. SPORTY TAILORED: Sportswear was fabulously upgraded through wonderful tailoring... So chic! Athletic-like pieces such as bomber jackets, small tops, easy-pants; with sporty cuts, volumes, details and fabrics were out there to delight every modern woman who wants to add a comfortable but glam and/or edgy vibe to her looks. (Images: Salvatore Ferragamo)
4. THE ROCK STAR: Let’s be honest, there is nothing cooler than ROCK STARS… Besides their singing abilities, there is something so fantastic about their attitude and looks… How can we not want, at least for a little while, to become one of them? Well, certainly we will be able to… Check it out! (Images: Emilio Pucci & Blumarine)
5. FLORALS: Ok… I know what you are thinking… FLORALS strong again in Milan? OF COURSE ladies… Exquisite as well as updated BOTANICAL MOTIFS looked absolutely magnificent in the Italian SPRING/SUMMER 2014 collections… Let’s say we got to be in tune with the climate while looking very feminine! (Images: Alberta Ferretti & Dolce & Gabbana)
6. ARTISTIC PRINTS: There were ‘molte belli’ statement ART-INSPIRED PRINTS & MOTIFS charged with charm and energy… Shown as designs in beautiful colors; even art-deco-like ones; they have for sure become the new obsession for us, sensitive 'innamorate di moda'! (Images: Antonio Marras & Prada)
Next stop… Our beloved City of Lights!!!
LA VITA È UNA BELLISIMA PASSERELLA!